In Mac OS X, it wouldn’t let me change the file extension (the three letters following the . and the name). Every time I did, it would just pop up some error and revert back to the MOVIE.MOD file.
This is how I finally did it.
1. Two finger click the file name.
2. Click on Get Info.
3. Click the triangle beside Name and Extension.
4. The name and extension appears in a window. Select the .MOD and replace it with .MPG
5. Click the triangle again.
6. A popup appears. Click “Use .MPG”
7. Viola. Your file’s extension has been changed.
Hi. I have tried for many times to convert and burn. this is what worked for me. without loosing any quality or audio.
I saved the mod files to a separate section on the PC. I used a free program called “any video converter” ( avc-free.exe about 32 mb ) just to convert the files to an mpg format. Do not use their burner. I used the windows burner that came with windows 7. I made the best dvd I have seen in all my travels. Hope this helps some one.
To successfully import AVI to iMovie you need to convert AVI to iMovie supported video format, like MPEG-4. To convert AVI to iMovie supported MPEG-4 a powerful AVI to iMovie converter - Avdshare Video Converter is recommended to you.