The final version that Mega-codec pack can play the rmvb file properly is v610. After that, mega-codec pack doesn’t work on rmvb files.....you can see that the size of mega codec pack setup files get decreased at version 620, properly no real alternative codec incorported into the mega-codec pack since version 620
Thanks Naji Ghanim, worked like wonders!
There were other solutions presented, but I enjoyed this one the most because it goes to the root of the problem, and one actually understands why it didn’t work and now works.
OHOHOHO i HAAATEEEE noobs that post what they have NO IDEA of what the problem is about. i HATE THEM.
1) for the NOOB that talks like an expert, k-lite mega PLAYS REAL MEDIA MOVIES and is a SOLUTION FOR WHO DONT WANT THAT CRAP REAL MEDIA COMMUNICATING IN INTERNET.
2) NEWER VERSIONS NEED TO GET MANUAL CONFIGURATION FOR FFDSHOW AUDIO DECORDER IN ORDER TO PLAY RMVB AUDIO
3) START MENU / ALL PROGRAMS / K LITE / CONFIGURATION /FFDSHOW AUDIO DECODER
4) in CODECS find for the COOK FORMAT, that shall be‘disabled’, then you just SELECT lbavcodec OPTION.
5) PLAY ALL RMVB FILES WITH SOUND, NOOBS.
You are probably missing a decoder for RealAudio COOK. You can install that by following these steps:
1. Download the Windows version of “binary codec pack” for MPlayer from:
2. Extract only these files from the .zip archive:
3. Put those files in this folder: C:\Windows
& ur Media Player Classic should play Rmvb files without a glitch.
Mighty Man yes that does work if you have the codec installed in windows, if not what do you do then you download the missing codecs and install them that what.
and I think you may have a very large case of sandinitus vagninitus excellsiorus
Hi... i had the same problem with Media player classic... i just uninstall the real media player and downloaded a dll file from:
and everything works for me now (i have installed the k-lite mega codecs)
Good luck to everyone