I’ve got a couple of movies that I downloaded off BT network, that wont play. I’ve got the ffwotsname codec thingy, also have the Gspot thingy. The gspot says it can play my files, but it says they’re only one file long??? Gspot thingy also said this-
This is a valid AVI file.
The filesize is 693 MB (or 710,517 KB or 727,569,963 bytes).
Of that, roughly 657 MB (95%) is video data; the remaining 36.8 MB ( 5%) is audio. This file has 693 MB (or 710,242 KB or 727,288,043 bytes) of extra “garbage” at the end that is not part of the data yet is not marked as “junk” either. This is not usually a serious problem, however, and is unlikely to cause a problem.
HELP ME PLEASE!!! Why is it saying my whole movie is garbage? How do I get it to play?
i spent hours dling a video starring tupac and when i got it done it doesnt even work, i try to play it in WMP and this message comes up “Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play."
hey terry thanks for the tip about that codec file.it really worked.all my avi files work perfectly now but something strange happened with those lines that went up and down all the time next to the play and stop buttons.(windows media player)they suddenly dissapeared.should that be a problem?
I downloaded the Gspot software and it could not find a codec. I read more posts and downloaded the FDDshow and checked everything except for uncompressed during the installation and then checked a different file with the same issue. Gspot still said I did not have the correct codec but the file plays and I dont get explorer or media player errors. Thanks for all the help.
i have recently downloaded an AVI file using bittorrent .. however .. the file plays the video for couple of second at the begining then gets stuck ... the audio plays all through ... this is rather queer ... if i didnt have the rite codec then i probably couldnt play the fiel at all ... however ... the file plays only for 5/6 seconds ... can anyone help me with suggestion ??
The FFDSDSHOW not the GSPOT program did one darn thing to help me play *.AVI files. What’s worse is the FFDSHOW is some confusing, bizarre & abmiguous configurator. You don’t know what the fuck it will do to your computer when you switch all of those settings. But one thing for sure - it does ZIPPO, NOTHING & NADA to help play *.AVI files. Isn’t there a player somewhere on this earth’s Internet that can play *.AVI files?
I wish to thank Rivhead for advising to go to www.videolan.org - it really worked. I am no computer buff and dont understand these bits on the end of a file, e.g. .avi, .org, etc. but this was so easy. Thank you again. I can watch my film now.
I have recently downloaded a movie in .avi format and when i play it in windows media player it says “connecting with codec server.." then “error cannot find codec." The movie then proceeds to play in a audio format where i can hear the movie but no see the dam thing! can someone help... i have herd of many solutions but wondering what one will actully work.. im confused.