I have a Satellite receiver that records movies and programs in a *.TS extension. I need a program that can convert the *.TS extension to a *MPG one?
Can you recommend an easy program to make this conversion. The file needs to be converted from the HD to the same HD.
I too have a sattelite receiver that can record. I am using Any Video Converter to convert the .ts file into .mpg but when I go to burn it on a DVD it says “can not find .ifo and .bup files. When I endode .ts file do I need to deinterlace the .ts file in order to get the .ifo and .bup files?
I had some success using HANDBRAKE with these settings:
HANDBRAKE --> Presets: Regular/HighProfile
Container: MP4 LargeFileSize WebOptimized
--> Picture: Anamorphic: None
--> Video: MPEG-4 (FFMPEG)
It creates an MP4 file which can then be edited and rendered as you like.
I always use Acethinker Video Converter to convert my camera ts video to mpeg video for burning to DVD, It’s a free web-based application to convert videos, you don’t have to install anything. If you are interested in it, here are the steps to convert video.
1. Launch your web browser and go to Acethinker Online Converter, you can google search for it.
2. Click ‘select files to start’, and then drag and drop your TS video into the app.
3. Click the Format drop down list, select MPG as output format.
4. Click the Convert button, the App will ask you where to save the converted file.
5. Click Start the run the conversion, it will take a few minutes to finish the task. When the conversion done, you will find the converted file in the folder you set in step 4. Done.