Tanbee Video Converter for Mac
Tanbee Video Converter for Mac is the ideal video converting tool for Mac OS X to convert various video formats including AVI, WMV, MOV, MPEG, MP4, 3GP, FLV, MOD, MTS and MKV. This Mac video converter also enables you to extract audio from video, movie and convert audio to audio, like MP3, M4A, AAC, etc...
Video Converter for Mac supports most multimedia devices including the iPad, iPad 2, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, BlackBerry, Google phones, and mobile phones. In addition, you can also edit your video files by clipping/cropping/merging, adding effects using this perfect Mac video converter.
* Convert AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, MP4, MPEG, MKV, 3GP video.
* Convert AVCHD Video (*.m2ts, *.mts), MOD, TOD video formats.
* Extract audio from video and convert video to all popular audio.
* Edit, clip, crop video. Merge several files into one file.
* Optimized presets for Apple iPad, iPad 2, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, mobile phone, MP4 players, Google phones, etc.
* Convert multiple files simultaneously with batch processing.
Tanbee AVCHD Converter for Mac
Many AVCHD camcorder users may have the trouble with playing AVCHD videos on video players or portable devices. Tanbee AVCHD Converter for Mac is designed to help you convert AVCHD videos to common video formats like AVI, WMV, MP4, MPEG, FLV, SWF, MOV, 3GP and HD videos like HD AVI, HD MOV, HD MPEG, HD WMV. So you can enjoy your masterpieces shot by Panasonic, JVC, Sony, Canon, Hitachi AVCHD camcorder on iPad, iPad 2, iPod, PSP, Zune, iRiver and more multimedia players.
AVCHD Converter for Mac also features the editing functions: Merge, crop, clip videos; adjust video effects; and set video/audio parameters.
* Supports a Wide Range of AVCHD Camcorders and DVs like JVC, Sony, Canon, Panasonic and many others.
* Convert AVCHD videos (MTS, M2TS, TOD, MOD, etc.) to common popular video formats or HD videos.
* Enjoy AVCHD videos on iPad, iPad 2, iPod, iPhone, PSP, BlackBerry, iRiver and other media devices.
* AVCHD Video clipping/cropping/merging, add effects.
* Extract AVCHD audio to various formats.
* Capture Pictures from AVCHD videos.
To everyone who can’t change the file extensions: Go to control panel, folder options, click the “view” panel at the top, and you should get a page with a bunch of checked boxes under “advanced settings." Uncheck the one that says “Hide extensions for known filetypes." In XP and above, you’ll have to choose the icon view in control panel (just makes the folder options easier to find).
I changed the extension from MOD to MPG in vista and now, every time I try to open the file I get a message that Window Host has stopped working, then Windows Explorer has stopped working and it quits! Any solution? I cannot see the Mpg files either!
Well, MOD and TOD are recording formats for use in digital tapeless camcorders. The formats are comparable to XDCAM EX, HDV and AVCHD.
You could use iFunia AVCHD Converter to convert it to .avi, mpeg or wmv.
Blooming MOD file are rubbish...but I found a way to convert (I’ve tried everything on here)
1. Download all MOD files you want
2. Rename the file extension to .AVI (This still didnt allow me to use Movie Maker)
3. I uploaded them to YouTube
4. downloaded them from there as .MP4
5. converted them online to .AVI (This gives it the right codec to us in Movie Maker)
6. Mumble curses about MOD files.
If you change the extension to .avi, they will run in windows media player at high quality, as long as you have the avi codec for media player. Changing to mp3 or mpeg drastically minimizes the quality, and distorts the picture.