Pre-Retconned The Beyonder VS The Being that made the Infinity Gems

Page 1 of 21

03-20-2009 07:53 PM
Knight_Of_Steel
4,188 posts

Ever wonder why TOAA never interfered in marvel, or why he was never even shown?

Because he transformed himself into the Seven Infinity Gems, Ego, Reality, Soul, Power, Mind, Space and Time, therefore he didn’t exist anymore.

The Beyonder was in fact Beyond TOAA’s multi-verse, he was the representation of non-existence, therefore there is nothing that TOAA can do to be rid of him except to build a barrier between the Multi-verse and the beyond realm, due to the fact that you can’t erase nothing because it is already nothing in the first place.

But because TOAA is something, he in fact can be erased, and become one with the Beyond Realm and the Beyonder, this was why he turned himself into the Infinity Gems.

IMO.

Feedback

03-20-2009 07:57 PM
Rorschach
6,710 posts

TOAA has appeared after the creation of the infinity gems, such as in Sensational Spider-Man #40 which came out a good 35 years after the infinity gems first appearance.

Feedback

03-20-2009 07:57 PM
....TRICKSTER...

MAGIKARP WINZ CUZ HE IZ OMNIPOTENT

Feedback

03-20-2009 08:03 PM
Krom The Conqueror
10,582 posts

....TRICKSTER... wrote:
MAGIKARP WINZ CUZ HE IZ OMNIPOTENT

that’s it...

Feedback

03-20-2009 08:08 PM
Shadow Archon
4,016 posts

The Beyonder from what I’ve seen.

Feedback

03-20-2009 08:17 PM
Knight_Of_Steel
4,188 posts

Rorschach wrote:
TOAA has appeared after the creation of the infinity gems, such as in Sensational Spider-Man #40 which came out a good 35 years after the infinity gems first appearance.

That was God, not TOAA, TOAA has been mentioned a number of times, and his face has been shown, (See the Living Tribunal Respect Thread), but he has never interacted with any comic book character inside of Marvel, he is dead, transcended into the Infinity Gems, and the Living Tribunal carries out his will.

God is depicted in different ways, and these interpretations have been featured in countless comics, God was shown in this Spiderman issue, and in DC God was shown in a Lucifer Comic Book, these are two different characters than the Presence and TOAA.

But non of them could erase something that doesn’t need to exist, but they in fact do exist, therefore the Beyonder has the cake.

Thank goodness in real life nothing doesn’t have an avatar.

Feedback

03-20-2009 08:19 PM
Rorschach
6,710 posts

King_Of_Steel wrote:

Rorschach wrote:
TOAA has appeared after the creation of the infinity gems, such as in Sensational Spider-Man #40 which came out a good 35 years after the infinity gems first appearance.

That was God, not TOAA, TOAA has been mentioned a number of times, and his face has been shown, (See the Living Tribunal Respect Thread), but he has never interacted with any comic book character inside of Marvel, he is dead, transcended into the Infinity Gems, and the Living Tribunal carries out his will.

God is depicted in different ways, and these interpretations have been featured in countless comics, God was shown in this Spiderman issue, and in DC God was shown in a Lucifer Comic Book, these are two different characters than the Presence and TOAA.

But non of them could erase something that doesn’t need to exist, but they in fact do exist, therefore the Beyonder has the cake.

Thank goodness in real life nothing doesn’t have an avatar.

Actually God in Lucifer is specifically mentioned as The Presence and TOAA is specifically mentioned as God in his first appearance, and that has never changed.

Feedback

03-20-2009 08:22 PM
Abstractdite
8,681 posts

OYG
Duh... you realized this now you need to think outside 4 dimensions.

Feedback

03-20-2009 08:24 PM
Knight_Of_Steel
4,188 posts

Rorschach wrote:

King_Of_Steel wrote:

Rorschach wrote:
TOAA has appeared after the creation of the infinity gems, such as in Sensational Spider-Man #40 which came out a good 35 years after the infinity gems first appearance.

That was God, not TOAA, TOAA has been mentioned a number of times, and his face has been shown, (See the Living Tribunal Respect Thread), but he has never interacted with any comic book character inside of Marvel, he is dead, transcended into the Infinity Gems, and the Living Tribunal carries out his will.

God is depicted in different ways, and these interpretations have been featured in countless comics, God was shown in this Spiderman issue, and in DC God was shown in a Lucifer Comic Book, these are two different characters than the Presence and TOAA.

But non of them could erase something that doesn’t need to exist, but they in fact do exist, therefore the Beyonder has the cake.

Thank goodness in real life nothing doesn’t have an avatar.

Actually God in Lucifer is specifically mentioned as The Presence

I didn’t know that. But if that’s true, um, then it’s basically true.

That is the Presence.

and TOAA is specifically mentioned as God in his first appearance, and that has never changed.

That doesn’t mean that he is the same God that was featured in the Spiderman issue you brought up, that was a separate rendition of God, unlike the other example I gave.

Feedback

03-20-2009 08:34 PM
Machiavelli
5,188 posts

TOAA is Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.

So TOAA FTW.

Feedback

03-20-2009 08:36 PM
Knight_Of_Steel
4,188 posts

The Sentry wrote:
TOAA is Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.

So TOAA FTW.

No he’s not.

A writer cannot be himself inside a fictitious world.

Jack Kirby and Stan Lee aren’t the only people who add on to the Marvel Universe, writers in general will always have more power over the fictitious universes that they make than the characters that are in it.

But TOAA is a character, why we haven’t seen him is because he transformed himself into the Infinity Gems in fear of the Beyonder making him nothing.

Feedback

03-20-2009 08:43 PM
Machiavelli
5,188 posts

King_Of_Steel wrote:

The Sentry wrote:
TOAA is Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.

So TOAA FTW.

No he’s not.

A writer cannot be himself inside a fictitious world.

Jack Kirby and Stan Lee aren’t the only people who add on to the Marvel Universe, writers in general will always have more power over the fictitious universes that they make than the characters that are in it.

But TOAA is a character, why we haven’t seen him is because he transformed himself into the Infinity Gems in fear of the Beyonder making him nothing.

Have you seen TOAA? He looks just like Jack and Stan on occasion.

Feedback

03-20-2009 08:45 PM
Knight_Of_Steel
4,188 posts

The Sentry wrote:

King_Of_Steel wrote:

The Sentry wrote:
TOAA is Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.

So TOAA FTW.

No he’s not.

A writer cannot be himself inside a fictitious world.

Jack Kirby and Stan Lee aren’t the only people who add on to the Marvel Universe, writers in general will always have more power over the fictitious universes that they make than the characters that are in it.

But TOAA is a character, why we haven’t seen him is because he transformed himself into the Infinity Gems in fear of the Beyonder making him nothing.

Have you seen TOAA? He looks just like Jack and Stan on occasion.

We’ve only seen his face once, and it doesn’t make him the writers.

Feedback

03-20-2009 08:47 PM
Machiavelli
5,188 posts

King_Of_Steel wrote:

The Sentry wrote:

King_Of_Steel wrote:

The Sentry wrote:
TOAA is Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.

So TOAA FTW.

No he’s not.

A writer cannot be himself inside a fictitious world.

Jack Kirby and Stan Lee aren’t the only people who add on to the Marvel Universe, writers in general will always have more power over the fictitious universes that they make than the characters that are in it.

But TOAA is a character, why we haven’t seen him is because he transformed himself into the Infinity Gems in fear of the Beyonder making him nothing.

Have you seen TOAA? He looks just like Jack and Stan on occasion.

We’ve only seen his face once, and it doesn’t make him the writers.

But the time we did see him he looked exactly like Jack Kirby.

Feedback

03-20-2009 09:35 PM
Lucian89
1,332 posts

GOD/the Artist (Jack Kirby presumably)



TOAA/“the Writer” (Stan Lee presumably)



God/Jack calls him his “Collaborator”.....

It makes sense....

TOAA/Stan (or the Writer) lays down the Story/Laws of Marvel.

GOD/Jack (or the Artist) turns those Stories/Laws into reality.

Feedback

03-20-2009 09:49 PM
Knight_Of_Steel
4,188 posts

Lucian89 wrote:
GOD/the Artist (Jack Kirby presumably)



TOAA/“the Writer” (Stan Lee presumably)



God/Jack calls him his “Collaborator”.....

It makes sense....

TOAA/Stan (or the Writer) lays down the Story/Laws of Marvel.

GOD/Jack (or the Artist) turns those Stories/Laws into reality.

I know this, but that doesn’t make this version of God TOAA, at least not the one mentioned as The Living Tribunal’s master.

For all we know the being that transcended into the Infinity Gems isn’t TOAA at all, but I have a strong feeling that he is since TOAA hasn’t been seen in an existing status, and the IG Storyline includes the Living Tribunal, unlike the story lines that you have brought up.

Feedback

03-20-2009 10:02 PM
Lucian89
1,332 posts

Obviously it wasn’t if Living Tribunal is above that power and not to mention LT still serves TOAA to this day.The being that made the Infinity Gems was just called the Infinity Being and later on Nemesis its not TOAA.

Feedback

03-20-2009 10:11 PM
Krystopher Malus
23,861 posts

Why does the beyonder wear a 60’s disco outfit?

Feedback

03-21-2009 06:19 AM
Knight_Of_Steel
4,188 posts

Lucian89 wrote:
Obviously it wasn’t if Living Tribunal is above that power and not to mention LT still serves TOAA to this day.The being that made the Infinity Gems was just called the Infinity Being and later on Nemesis its not TOAA.

But the LT wasn’t beyond Thanos with the IG, or else he would have destroyed him. LT can carry out a non-existing being’s will. I strongly believe that the Infinity Being was TOAA.

Feedback

Page 1 of 21

Post Your Answer

Thread locked This thread has been locked for further replies.