I am a u.s solder in Iraq, just install win xp pro on my lottop, cant play DVD movies but able to play muice. When i put the DVD in, i can see the Main menu, but when i press play i get the usuall Microsoft message” software DVD has encountered a problem and need to close. I when to Microsoft and tried they fix, regsvr32/%systemroot%\system32\wmpui.dll, that did’t work. i updated sp2 and also use another player, interVideo WinDVD and InterAtual Player i get the same message, by the way i am missing ir41_32 ax and INDOO VIDEO 5.10 just for your info. under Video Codecs Properties on the lottop i am running.....thanks for your help, i can do with a movie from time to time overhere.
For your missing indeo 4 (ir41_32.ax) and 5 files, the solution’s easy - just download this
For your dvd playback problem it’s very hard to tell what’s wrong. Based on your description it could be anything. I don’t know what to suggest, except your generic checklist
- latest drivers for your dvd drive / display adapter
- latest service pack, version of directX, and windows media player
- test with more than one dvd
- keep trying other programs (cyberlink powerdvd?)
- try freeware programs (videolan, media player classic)