i bought my mp4 player from www.visual-land.com model 502..
for some reason the cd that came with it dont work on my computer.. now i need to look manually for a software to convert video files to dmv files.. and also to manually look for a software so i can change my welcome note when i turn on the mp4..
where can i find these things? pls. help..
Guides to DMV converter.
1. Insert the software CD in2 ur CD drive. Open feiyao when loaded.
2. Select the Tools folder.
3. Select the DMV_II folder.
4. Select the Setup icon n follow the installation procedures.
5. Now, the DMV converter is installed. U can run the program by choosing Programs from the Start Menu, then choose MP3 n DMVTools II.
6. Choose the Option icon 2 customize ur settings 4 converting the VCD format.
7. The Output Audio option allows U 2 set the audio playback 4mat. U can choose Auto(Stereo), Right Channel or Left Channel.
8. U can set the value in the Split Output File in Size option. The entire VCD can b spitted 2 a number of files 2 optimize the conversion. U can set how large each individual file occupies by entering the value (in MB)
9. U can also select the directory where the DMV file will be converted by clicking the arrow button.
10. Click the Bitrate tab. Enter the width, height and the Video Scale Factor 4 video conversion.
Follow the specification below 2 set the corresponding values.
11. Choose the Video Output Bitrate. The higher the value U set, the higher the quality the video will be outputted. The recommended bit rate is s follow.
Recommended Bit Rate
(Note that the range of kbps 4 selections depends on the values U set 4 the width, height n video scale factor)
12. The settings r completed now n U r ready 2 add the VCD file by clicking the Add button.
13. U can choose the video file 4 conversion. The format allowed includes *.avi, *.qt, *.mov, *.mpg, *.mpeg and *.dat.
U can also convert VCD 2 DMV format. U can do so by inserting the VCD in2 your CD driver n selecting the DAT file in the MPEGAV folder in the disc.
N finally.. Now, U r ready 2 make the conversion. Click the Make icon n the DMV format will be outputted.
PS: Whatever Model U have ..just 4llow the instruction.
I have had no idea what U did..but if U have problem with it ..then it must b the installation cd. U can call the support of the retailer where U had bought the player n ask them 2 send 2 U a new installation cd. Still having problem after that..then I’m sorry n couldn’t b of any existence any longer.
The “They are not video files anymore” thing is probably due to your system not knowing what ".DMV” means. As far as I know, there is no way to play a dmv file in Windows, they are just for downloading to the VL player, so there is no associated application to dmv files, and so Windows doesn’t understand them. It doesn’t really affect the files, just the way they are presented in Explorer.
On a side note, has anyone actually managed to get correct colour on DMV videos with these things? For me, there seems to be some weirdness in the encoding causing the hue to be off by some amount, making blue turn into yellow and so on.
would anyone be so kind to send me a copy of their DMV converter because the mp4 player that i boughtdidn’t come with any video converter. my-e-mail address is
Thanks in advance
If U r illiterate..then I’m sorry. But U r NOT!!!! By doing some researching on this 4rum or whatever answer 2 ur question that U need 2 know, U will surely find it...n by saving us(charity helpers) 2 minimize the burden of answering the questions ALL OVER n OVER AGAIN.
SO PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..next time take a peek thru what is instore here. Here is the link 2 a very friendly German programmer who has written this particular software 4 all of U seeking 4 a DMV converter.
16 Nov 2005 03:56 pmPosted by Stefan Burger (Guest)
The size is a matter of the dmv-format and not of the converter. Any converter will result in the same file-size.
However you can test/use the tool that I wrote
you can download it at...
DMV Converter: http://nedweb.co.uk/software/DMV243.zip
I get an error while installing, aparantly it wont over write system files. Gosh.
Here is what to do:
Start > Run and type
and hit enter, go to c:\windows\system32 and rename l3codeca.acm and l3codeca.bak
I bought my mp4 and there wasn’t any software attached... Could anyone be so kind and send me a copy of DMV converter (or sth like that)??
I can put in on my www so everyone could get them...