This is how to rip and burn DVD
First …..use DVD Decrypter program version 184.108.40.206 ( Do a WWW.GOOGLE.COM search to get it free from a mirror web sight. It is no longer available….to not get busted you must remember to go into the program and dissable the check for automatic updates at startup….else they will know who you are) to decode / “rip” the DVD video, set to the following:
Setting up the program to decrypt:
Under EDIT: set to select all (or main movie files..but main movie files sometimes are split up in a sub coding that hides sections of the movie in other files to piece back together as it plays…..thus you need to save ALL the movie files…unless you get lucky)
Under VIEW: set to log.
Under Mode: set to File F, not IFO, not ISO.
Under TOOLS: SETTINGS: set to defaults.
Destination: **** important: wherever you save the files to….. you must create a sub folder and save all the movie files in them named “VIDEO_TS”. Any software out their looks for all the files of a give movie to be in a single file named VIDEO_TS.
For example you want to rip/decode and copy to file C:\mymovies\starwars\VIDEO_TS\
If all the ripped movie files for a single movie are not in a sub folder called “VIDEO_TS” no burner software out there will know what to do with / or how to reconnect the separate files together into a playable movie when it comes time to burn to disk.
To burn the ripped files to a usable / playable DVD video in any DVD player:
Info: DVD movies are DOUBLE LAYER…dual layer disks….you got 2 disks glued together
And that allows movies to be as large as 8 Gig. The reader/burner lasers read through only one side..refocusing to hit either the closer layer disk…or the one behind it.
WE WANT TO BURN USING A STANDARD, CHEAP 4.7 Gig disk……..besides the Double layer disk are to expensive and not available anyway…so people don’t even have a medium to start copying anyway.
To get a movie to fit to a standard 4.7 Gig disk and play in a standard DVD player TRANSPARENTLY you need to use the correct / transparent compression software.
Fortunately there is a product out there that has this feature as a back door…glitch……
That is that when you go to burn ANY video files, the normal limiting software that wont let you burn copyrighted DVD movie files like “TS”….is missing from this company’s product.
Some copy software actualy rewrights some of your key Movie DVD files so that DVD players wont recognize them when played.
This product …if set up / configured correctly will take the large , ripped movie files from your “VIDEO_TS” sub folder…..and copy it to a 4.7 Gig using TRANSPARENT compression software.
The end product is that you wont know the difference between real vs. memorex,
i.e. 4.7 Gig vs. the real 9 Gig dual layer DVD media.
YOU MUST BUY…ONLINE……
“Inter video DVD Copy Platinum”
Do a search for the “intervideo” company and you’ll find it. Or try
Its reasonably priced too……oh….they do have trial versions of the software if you don’t want to buy it first. Just download it.
Then Configure as follows:
1. Source: VIDEO_TS (where you put all the movie files for your one specific movie)
2. Target: (select your DVD burner drive)
3. Copy as: select the “DVD” button AND select the little “Entire disk” icon beneath it.
4. Properties: select the properties icon…LOOKS LIKE A LITTLE BOX WRENCH…..in the same row on the right side of the DVD icon.
5. Under Properties, General Settings:
6. Video System set to Auto.
7. CD Media file split mode set to 74min 640MB CD
8. Temporary path….ignor…it’s the default destination if you don’t tell it where to burn to.
9. Disk Label/File Name……since your burning illegal copies…just leave it at default “movie”….o.k.
10. Under Propertis, DVD Media: ….select / set “DVD 4.7GB” and also select / set “Output Disk Fit to one Disk”.
11. Under Properties, DivX(R): set the “DivX(R) Profile Setting” to “Home Theater (4Mbits 720x480/576”
12. Hit “OK to save settings !!!!!
13. Press the start button to burn
14. Notes: burning is a sensitive process….don’t do anything else on the computer while its running…i.e. playing on Internet or doing other programs. Also…sometimes …a lot sometimes you get bad disks….it acts like it burned ok but it wont play or acts blank. It is called cheap disks. If this happens a lot you can set your drives record / write speed lower …..go to My Comp, select your drive with RIGHT MOUSE CLICK…..it varies from here…drive to drive. Mostly it is just bad quality blank disks or that you have burned out your burner…this happens around 600+ copeis burned/time…you need a new burner.
T/S…tips….the only other software available for doing transparent compression burns of your VIDEO_TS file group is a program called “Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 Basic DVD” using its
“copy data to disk” under its “data” function tab…that works but this program adds tags and credits of itself to the disk….and if you used your real name and company name during registration….well that could be bad for you.
You might even want to create a re namable blank template file so each time you copy a new movie file you are only renaming the top file, not the sub file called “VIDEO_TS”.